Sunday, September 28, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pops

This morning I was eating cereal (as usual) and reading the Sunday paper. Even though the kids are at the age that they sleep a little later, I usually get up early and start the day with coffee, cereal, and some sort of newspaper or magazine while everyone else is asleep. This morning Steffi told my wife and I that she usually hears me downstairs, particularly the cereal pouring into the bowl. She said she enjoys hearing that sound because it lets her know that dad is home. She had a big smile when she told us that. It made me smile because all this time I figured I was having "alone time" when in fact I was sharing a moment with my daughter and didn't even know it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

OMG - this is the cutest story ever! And that's one of those 'moments' she will remember forever