Tuesday, March 24, 2009

That's great

A few months back Stef was on her scooter when a car drove by us. "That's great," she said dejectedly. "That boy is in my class and he just saw me on a scooter." Sunday she found a branch on the ground, picked it up and started to use it as a walking stick. We were having a whole discussion on why a walking stick is even necessary when a car drove by. "That's great," she said. "That boy is in my class and he just saw me holding a walking stick."

So far I haven't said anything to her about these comments. I'm hoping her self esteem can't simply be broken with a stick. But I intend to talk to her before I hear, "That's great, that boy is in my class and he just saw me standing next to my dad."

2 comments:

Gerry Schramm said...

Let's hope none of her schoolmates reads this blog.

AliG said...

If it's any comfort I can say, as a consummate daddy's girl, that I never went through a phase where I was embarrased to be seen with my dad.