Sunday, June 13, 2010

Soccer stuff

The girls last soccer games of the year took place this week. Stef helped lead her team to a goal with a great throw-in to a teammate who passed to another girl who scored. Stef's team hasn't lost a game in 2 years, but they gave up a goal in the last minute to tie. Her coach is great so I hope she continues to play and he's her coach. Jessica had 6 goals in her game - the last one involved her and her opponent running neck and neck down the field - Jessica kicked the ball in, followed by her and the other girl flying into the goal. She also hustled back on defense repeatedly to knock the ball away. She definitely had her game face on - especially when I cheered from the sideline and she would shoot me a glare. Luckily she told me afterward it didn't bother her.

The girls and I have been playing soccer in the yard, desperately trying not to hit my car or the plants. We are 0 for 2 in that regard. We are also watching the World Cup. Every game they ask me who I want to win, then root for that team. They will watch for 20 minutes or so before they revert to 95 percent of Americans and not care. Saturday South Korea was up 2-0 on Greece and Steffi said that Korea should let Greece score - that's what her coach would do so the other team doesn't feel bad. I told you he was a good coach.

No comments: